The Impressive Health Benefits
Superoxide dismutase – commonly referred to as SOD – is your body’s most powerful endogenous antioxidant. Endogenous antioxidants – are antioxidants naturally produced by your body and include Glutathione and Catalase. Exogenous antioxidants – are made outside of the body and include vitamins including: vitamins C and E and Grape Seed extract. Endogenous antioxidants are significantly more powerful than exogenous antioxidants – in fact – SOD is thought to be 3500x stronger as an antioxidant than vitamin C (Green tea is 100x stronger than vitamin C).
The Gynostemma pentaphyllum (also known as Jiaogulan) used in BP-RX – is a pharmaceutical grade Gynostemma – standardized to 98% gypenosides. This is the most powerful Gynostemma available. This is the same grade of Gynostemma used in Dr. Lui’s clinical studies – including the largest human double – blind study to date – for SOD. Test subjects taking Gynostemma – increased their SOD levels between 116% – 282% in 30 days.
Following are some of the impressive health benefits provided by SOD:
SuperOxide Dismutase: Impresssive Health Benefits
- Research conducted by Richard Cutler Ph.D. in the mid-1980’s at the Gerontology Research Center – at the National Institutes of Health in Washington D.C. – found that mammals (including humans) – that produced higher levels of SOD – live longer lives. Humans produce an average of 90 mcg/ml of SOD and live an average of 80 – years. Chimpanzees – our closest primate relatives, produce an average of 40 mcg/ml of SOD and live an average of 40 – years. Fruit flies – used in longevity research – bred to produce twice as much SOD as regular fruit flies – live twice as long as regular fruit flies. Cutler’s research suggests, a primary factor in mammals’ life spans can be traced to SOD levels.
- SOD levels decrease as one ages – which may lead to increased degenerative and inflammatory health problems
- SOD levels in humans vary by as much as 50% due to genetics – which may help explain why some people are more susceptible to disease – while others lead long disease – free lives. There is presently not a readily available test to measure SOD levels.
- Scientists have linked inflammation to many chronic diseases that accompany aging – including cardiovascular disease ,diabetes, obesity and cancer. White blood cells subjected to oxidative stress release the inflammatory compound Tumor necrosis factor a (TNF-a). Those treated with SOD, release the anti-inflammatory interleukin – 10 (IL-10). Studies show that those individuals who live to be 90 – years and older, have high blood levels of IL-10 in their bodies.
- A study published in Free Radical Biology and Medicine – found that high levels of SOD – inhibit cancer tumor growth and metastasis
- SOD is thought to be 3500x stronger as an antioxidant than vitamin C (Green tea is 100x stronger)
- In the largest human double – blind study conducted to date on SOD (by Dr. Liu) – 613 subjects – those study subjects using Gynostemma pentaphyllum found in BP-RX – increased their SOD levels between 116%-282% in 30 days. There is not a pharmaceutical or nutritional ingredient which has produced such impressive results!